Approved 2nd Electricity Tariff – 2023 July
PUCSL approves an overall 14.2 percent of electricity tariff reduction with conditions
- Lower electricity users in the category of 0 -30 units gets a 65 percent electricity tariff reduction
- 51.5 percent reduction on the electricity users who are under the category of units 31-60
- 24.5 percent reduction on the electricity users who are under the category of units 61-90
- 26.3 percent reduction on Hotel Sector
- 9 percent reduction on Industry Category
- 5 percent reduction on Commercial Buildings
- 16 percent overall reduction on religious purpose category
- 0.8 percent reduction on Government
- PUCSL ask CEB and LECO to take prompt action to ensure that residents of all condominium properties are billed according to their respective tariff categories.
- Streetlight consumption should be metered or estimated, and the Local Authority or Road Authority shall be billed
- Security deposits obtained from consumers shall be invested and interest shall be paid out of the return on the investment.
- Interest on any security deposit obtained for the supply of electricity shall be paid/ deducted from the monthly bill of all consumers.
- PUCSL directed to execute fuel supply agreements with CPC and Lanka Coal Company and establish Power Purchase Agreements between CEB transmission and CEB generation plants, Power Sales Agreements between Distribution Licensees and CEB Transmission Licensee.
- All due payments to Renewable Energy based electricity generators (including small scale roof top solar) asked to be settled as soon as possible