CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR RESEARCH ACTIVITES
Download the TOR
Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) hereby call for Expressions Of Interests (EOI) from the interested researchers to conduct the following research activities, as part of continuous research requirements in the electricity industry in Sri Lanka.
The primary aim of these research activities is to improve the knowledge in the industry so that the regulatory and policy decisions are more fact based. The main research topics identified for year 2020 are;
- Estimation of Cost Energy Not Served
- Setting System Reliability Criteria for Generation Planning
- Grid Integration limit for Intermittent Sources
- Grid Operation with Distributed Generation
- Transmission System Study
Brief outline and the expected outcomes (TOR) of each research topic is available at www.pucsl.gov.lk and at facebook/pucsl
The interested researchers are required to submit the following for any of the research activities;
- Principle Investigator (s) names and CVs showing relevant expertise and experience in the area
- Identification of resource requirements (cost estimate); number of research assistants, software, computers and other tools, budgets for traveling, etc
- Indication of time required to complete the work and the expected starting date
- Suggestions on the scope of work that may enhance the utility of the research output
PUCSL is willing to provide the following;
- Counterpart Research Associates from the Commission. The commission will also encourage and make efforts where possible to get the participation of relevant utilities in these research studies
- Fully or partially fund the research activities and handle routine payments for the Research Assistants, equipment/ software costs, incidental costs, etc. within the available budget. Principle Investigators would be paid an honorarium at each research milestone successfully reached.
- Extend best possible assistance in collecting required data from the electricity utilities.
The deadline for the submission of EOIs is the 22nd May 2020. The Principle Investigators from different institutions/ universities may collectively submit EOIs for each research activity. EOI shall be send to email@example.com and the contact person is Mr. Kanchana Siriwardena, Director (Tariff and Economic Affairs): firstname.lastname@example.org/ 0777185007 for any clarifications.
Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka
Level 6, BOC Merchant Tower, #28, St. Michaels’ Road, Colombo 03