he Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) was established by the Act No. 35 of 2002, as a multi-sector infrastructure regulator in the country. With the enactment of the Sri Lanka Electricity Act No. 20 of 2009, the PUCSL became the economic, safety and technical regulator of the electricity industry.
The PUCSL seeks dynamic and results oriented professional to fill the following position on contract for one (01) year.
Assistant Director – Legal (on contract)
• Reports to: Secretary to the Commission
Objective of the position:
To aid and render legal support in day to day matters.
• Attorney -at – Law
• Notary public with license to practice in both Sinhala and English languages.
• Should possess minimum of three (03) years of experience in handling all types of legal work including drafting of legal documents, contracts and agreements and appearing in court cases.
• Familiarity in dispute resolution and arbitration procedure.
• Previous Working experience in a regulatory environment is an added advantage.
Age limit –Should be below 35 years as on the date of this advertisement
The above position carries an attractive remunerations and other fringe benefits.
Short listed applicants based on the highest qualifications and relevant experience will be called for interviews and the selection will be based on the performance at the interview.
Application with a cover letter giving full name, address, contact numbers, date of birth, age, nationality, educational & professional qualifications, related experience and any other relevant details with names, addresses and contact details of two non-related referees to be forwarded to reach undermentioned on or before 25.10.2018 The position applied to be marked on the top left corner of the envelope or on the subject line of the email.
Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka
Level 06, BoC Merchant Tower
No: 28, St. Michael’s Road
Telephone – 0112392607