The Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka
Public Consultation on Rooftop Solar PV Development in Sri Lanka
Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (The Commission) was established in 2002 by the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka Act No 35 of 2002 as the regulator for Electricity industry, Water Service industry and Petroleum industry.
In terms of Section 17 (b) of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka Act No 35 of 2002 and Section 3 (k) of the Sri Lanka Electricity Act No. 20 of 2009, the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka has decided to hold a public consultation on rooftop solar PV development in Sri Lanka.
The government has a target of one million rooftop solar PV plants within next ten years. “Battle for Solar” program was launched in view of promoting Rooftop Solar PV in the country. The program targets to achieve 200MWp capacity by year 2020 and increase up to 1000MWp capacity by 2025.
The Commission intends to issue guidelines to support successful implementation of roof top solar PV plants installation and achieve the government policy targets.
The consultation document is now available at www.pucsl.gov.lk for reference. A printed copy of it also is available for reference at the information centre of the Commission.
Interested parties are invited to send their written submissions on the following areas to the Commission on or before 24th October 2017.
Areas of concern may include.
1. Suggestions to improve the existing framework (eg. Net-metering Application process, estimate for net-meter installation, cost etc.).
2. Financing for Solar PV installation, cost, payback etc. and the benefits of solar PV as an individual and the country as a whole.
3. Installation standards, workmanship and installation best practices.
4. Technical constraints and options for grid connection.
5. Any other concerns and ideas to ensure the achievement of targets set by the government under “Sooryabala Sangramaya”program.
Ways to respond
Respond online by accessing www.pucsl.gov.lk
Email to: email@example.com
by accessing official Facebook Account: www.facebook.com/pucsl
or write to
Public Consultation on Rooftop Solar PV Development ,
Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka, Level 06, BOC Merchant Tower, No. 28, St. Michael’s Road, Colombo 03.
Telephone: (011)2392607/8 Facsimile: +94-112392641
Date: 14th of September 2017