MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
INVITATION TO SUBMIT
REQUESTS FOR QUALIFICATION
IMPORT, EXPORT, BLEND, PRODUCE, SUPPLY, DISTRIBUTE OR SELL LUBRICANTS AND GREASES
IN SRI LANKA
The Government of Sri Lanka (GOSL) has liberalized the lubricant market in Sri Lanka while imposing certain entry requirements. Currently there are 22 brands and 13 parties operating in the Sri Lankan lubricant market with an annual demand of 64,485 kl valued at Rs 26.5 Billion in 2017.
With the view of creating healthy competition for quality lubricants, the GOSL has decided to invite Requests for Qualification (RFQ) for the following:
- Lubricants and Greases
- To import, export, blend, produce, supply, distribute or sell Lubricants and Greases in Sri Lanka; or
- To import, export, supply, distribute or sell Lubricants and Greases in Sri Lanka
- Genuine Transmission Oil (CVT, ATF, Gear Oil) recommended by OEMs
- To import, export, supply, distribute or sell Genuine Transmission Oil (Continuously Variable Transmission Oil, Automatic Transmission Fluid or Gear Oil) in Sri Lanka
- Marine Lubricants and Greases
- To import, export, supply, distribute or sell Marine Lubricants and Greases in Sri Lanka.
The RFQ must be prepared as per the format specified in the RFQ document and should be submitted by not later than 1500 hours on 05.11.2018
The RFQ document can be obtained from the Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development or downloaded from the Ministry’s website www.petroleummin.gov.lk
A pre-qualification meeting will be held to provide answers to questions from Applicants at the Ministry on 04.10.2018
Cabinet Appointed Negotiation Committee
Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development
No. 80, Sir Ernest de Silva Mawatha, Colombo 07.
05th September 2018