File a Consumer Complaint
As a consumer, or a person planning to get an electricity connection, there could be instances where you may have to resolve certain matters or make enquiries to get a new connection from the two electricity service providers, i.e, the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) or the Lanka Electricity Company (Pvt.) Ltd. (LECO).
Complaints that arise with regard to:
- Electricity Bills
- Calculation of electricity consumption
- Electricity tariff category you belong to
- Electricity meter
- Power lines going over your land
- Damage to your electrical equipment due to power fluctuations, etc.
In all these matters, as a citizen of this country, you are entitled to receive a fair and reasonable response from your electricity service provider (CEB / LECO).
What do you do?
In all of the above-mentioned issues, the initial step is to contact your service provider (Ceylon Electricity Board, Lanka Electricity Company Pvt. Ltd) to sort out the matter. However, in the event you are unable to get a satisfactory response, you can make a complaint to us.
How We Can Assist You:
As the regulator for the electricity industry, we are empowered to serve you with the passing of the Sri Lanka Electricity Act No. 20 of 2009.
An important fact that has to be noted is that we do not entertain direct complaints. This means you have to forward your complaint first to the service provider. Upon failure to find a solution, you can then complain to us. As such, when making a complaint, it is a must to provide evidence of your complaint submitted to the service provider.
Action We Will Take:
Upon receiving a complaint:
- Steps will be taken to call observations from your service provider or sometimes, contact you or any other relevant parties for further information.
- After receiving and reviewing all the information, our recommendations will be communicated to you and your service provider and any other relevant parties.
- Sometimes, prior to our recommendations, we will contact all parties relevant to the complaint for a meeting with us or on occasions we will visit the relevant premises for an inspection.
New User Registration
- If you wish to submit your grievance related to electricity service (Complaint) online you are required to register.
Please click here to register.
- Once you have successfully registered you will be sent an user name and password for accessing our online grievance system
- Login to view the status of your grievance (complaint). Once you have registered you can lodge multiple grievances and any future grievances under the same user name. ( you do not need to register again)
- Please sign in to track the status of your Complaint or Inquiry. If you do not know your credentials, please contact us.