Environment, Renewable and Efficiency
Having gained overseas experience in Ghana for 6 years, Sarathchandra has worked in leading private sector organizations in Sri Lanka such as, Ceylon Glass Company, Ceylon Biscuits Ltd, Fentons Ltd. He served over 19 years in Industrial Electrical Services, Renewable Power, and Mission Critical Power applications. Gamini held various positions including Project Manager, Manager-Engineering and General Manager-Engineering during his tenure. He is also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, USA.
- Jayanat Herat joined the PUCSL as Deputy Director (Retail Tariffs- Electricity) in 2010 and since the beginning of 2012 he has been working as the PUCSL’s Deputy Director – Corporate Communications. He has also worked as a Consultant for the Infrastructure Reform (Electricity and Telecom Sectors) Project under the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Economic Reforms, Science and Technology.
Prior to joining the PUCSL Jayanat served the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) as the Assistant Director (Surveillance) for 6 years. In addition to this, he has over 10 years experience in the media field and has served in various positions in private sector organizations including the Capital Maharaja Organization (News1st-MTV/MBC) and John Keells Holdings. He is also the Business Editor of the Sri Lanka Economic Association at present.
- Vimalanathan Vimalathithan joined the PUCSL as Assistant Director – Corporate Communications in 2015. Prior to joining the PUCSL he served the Central Environmental Authority, Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment. He has over 5 years’ of working experience in the management and media communications fields, and has served in various positions in private sector organizations including the Capital Maharaja Organization (MTV Pvt. Ltd.) as Assistant Producer & Coordinator, Sri Lanka Institute of Architects as Assistant Manager & SEEDO Sri Lanka as Team Leader.
Vimalathithan has graduated from the Madurai Kamaraj University, India, by completing the Bachelor of Arts in Tamil and presently following the final year of the Master of Arts in Tamil at the same University. Thagitha Publications, India has published his collection of poems in 2010. He has worked as a researcher at the “BRITISH MUSEUM” Episode of the ‘YAATHUM OORE’ Documentary Film Project in 2014.
- W.A Thanuj Dhanushka joined the PUCSL as an Assistant Director – Corporate Communications in 2015. Before joining PUCSL he served as a Business Development Manager at DPIT Solutions and Duo Software (Pvt) Ltd. He posses over five years of working experience in Software Development and Business Development. He has graduated in Information Technology from University of Moratuwa and he has earned his Master’s from Charles Sturt University, Melbourne, Australia.
- Prior to joining the PUCSL she served Lanka Business Online- a pioneer in Business News and ETV – a channel pioneered in Business News. She has over 8 years’ of working experience in Journalism and management, and has served in various positions in LBO and ETV as a Journalist, Producer and a Deputy Editor.
- Mr. Jayapala holds a B com (Special) Hons degree from the University of Sri Jayawardenapura. He has around 30 years experience serving in Government institutions, namely the Department of Agriculture, the Marketing Department, Food Commission Department, Ministry of Land & Agriculture, and Ministry of Supplementary Crop Development & Ministry of State Resource Enterprises Development.
He is also a chartered & licensee (intermediate) holder of a Diploma in Public Finance Management.
- Ms Thushani Dharshika Haputhantri graduated from the University of Colombo and holds a BBA (Business Administration – Special) Hons degree. She is an Associate Member of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (ACA) and the Associate Member of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka (ACMA).She has experiences in the field of Accounting, Finance and Auditing .She has served to both Private Sector and Public Sector. Private sector Institutions are John Keells Group, Ernst and Young. In the public sector she worked for Ministry of Health and the Department of Inland Revenue.
Human Resources & Admin.
- A retired military officer who served the Sri Lanka Army for 20 years, Palitha Sirimal carries a wealth of experience in the Human Resources Management field in several private sector organizations. Sirimal holds a Diploma in Human Resources Management from the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM) and holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration in Human Resources Management from the University of Colombo.
- Vinosha Keerthirathna, holds a BBA (International Business – Special) degree from the University of Colombo and Professional Qualification of Human Resources Management (PQHRM) from the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM). Prior to joining the PUCSL she has served in the field of Human Resources Management in local and foreign companies as Orel Corporation Pvt. Ltd and Trans Maldivian Airways – Maldives.
IT & MIS
- Laksiri Lokuhewage counts over 16 years of experience in the Information Communication Technology sector in Sri Lanka, Singapore and Oman. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering as well as a Post Graduate Diploma in Management of Technology from the University of Moratuwa. He is currently reading for his MSc in Information Management from the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
Prior to joining the PUCSL, Laksiri held the position of Manager ICT Infrastructure and Projects at the Saud Bahwan Group in Oman. He has also worked at Sri Lankan Airlines and at Eutech Cybernetic Pte. Ltd.
- Narada Wickramage is in charge of the Management Information System of PUCSL and he is also responsible for carrying out necessary data analysis.
He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Engineering with honours from University of Morartuwa. He obtained an MSc by thesis from the same university after engaging in full time research for one year. He earned an MBA with a Merit Pass and research component from University of Colombo. He has investigated modelling performance and predictability during his postgraduate studies. He has received experience in both industry and academia and published in both local and international conferences held in Sri Lanka and the USA. He is also a Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, USA.
- Amila Costa is responsible for managing and maintaining IT systems at the PUCSL. Prior to joining PUCSL, Amila held the position of Network Administrator at the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology and has over 10 years of experience in the networking field.
He possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and is also professionally qualified with Certifications from Microsoft and Linux